MUSIC DIRECTOR/CHILDREN and FAMILIES DIRECTOR
or MINISTER OF MUSIC/ MINISTER TO CHILDREN and FAMILIES
We are seeking someone to lead our music ministry and help our fledgling ministry to children and their families (This position can be for one ordained or one who is not ordained). The work involves tasks in two areas. The church desires to adapt the job description to the gifts and qualifications of the person the Lord leads to us. Please be sure to include your ministry gifts, interests, and leadings in communication with us.
- A maturing Christian whose life reflects living for our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Compliance with the biblical characteristics of a servant (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, etc).
- Subscribe to the 2000 SBC Baptist Faith and Message.
- Subscribe to the policies and procedures of Lakeview Baptist Church.
- A Master’s Degree (or comparable experience) in any ministry field of study.
- Plan and organize all worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Act as the primary worship leader.
- Select, train, schedule, and rehearse Praise Team members, including instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Prepare/coordinate visual word projection of songs for worship services with SongSelect/CCLI.
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for the A/V ministry.
- Provide assistance with special events (weddings, funerals, church functions).
- Provide oversight to the church’s children and family ministry
- Organize and coordinate a balanced ministry that includes Bible study, discipleship, outreach, recreation, fellowship, and missional action.
- Provide Christian guidance and pastoral care to meet the special needs of young people and their families.
- Visit prospects and members related to children’s ministry.
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to help with children’s ministry activities.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends, methods, and technology important to this age group.
- Be available outside normal business hours for ministry events as well as doing the work of the ministry (work with the pastor in making visits, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a pay range between $50,000 and $55,000/annually.
For more information call/text Pastor James Beckley at 386-848-6567 or submit resume to email@example.com.